Old fashioned meatloaf
4 people- 1 hour cooking time – 15 minutes preparation time :
- 350 g ground beef
- 350 of ground veal
- 1 large onion
- 100 g bread crumbs soaked in milk and drained
- 20 slices of smoked bacon
- 1 tablespoon of strong mustard
- salt and pepper
- A few sprigs of thyme
- In a salad bowl, mix all the ingredients except the bacon to obtain a homogeneous mixture, form a nice bread that will go in the terrine.
- Add pepper and salt (do not add too much salt as the bacon is already salty).
- Line a terrine, widthwise, with the slices of bacon, letting them protrude on each side and overlapping them slightly.
- Finish with slices along the length for the ends.
- Place the mixture in the terrine, packing it well, then bring the slices of bacon inwards so that all the bread is covered.
- Bake at 180° for 1 hour, check with a knife tip that the meatloaf is well cooked. If there is still some juice, let it cook a little more.
Serve with the the Potato Tian.